RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE.
PLEASE READ THIS CONTRACT CAREFULLY.
To: CMSS CLUB MONTREAL SPORT & SOCIAL,
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS: I am aware that participating in the activities and sports offered by CMSS CLUB MONTREAL SPORT & SOCIAL, including sports such as Indoor and Outdoor Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Flag Football, Ultimate Frisbee and Softball, exposes me to many inherent risks, dangers and hazards. By engaging in any activities offered by or associated with CMSS CLUB MONTREAL SPORT & SOCIAL, I Freely accept and fully assume all inherent risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage, or loss resulting therefrom.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT:
In consideration of CMSS CLUB MONTREAL SPORT & SOCIAL, permitting me to participate in its activities and sports, permitting me to the use of its equipment and permitting me the use of its facilities, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against CMSS CLUB MONTREAL SPORT & SOCIAL, and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives.
2. TO RELEASE CMSS CLUB MONTREAL SPORT & SOCIAL, and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury, or expense that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in activities and sports offered by CMSS CLUB MONTREAL SPORT & SOCIAL, due to any cause whatsoever, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OF CARE, AND/OR BREACH OF THE OCCUPIER'S LIABILITY ACT, R.S.O. 1990, C.O.2 ON THE PART OF CMSS CLUB MONTREAL SPORT&SOCIAL and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives.
3. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY CMSS CLUB
4. That this Agreement shall be effecting and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, in the event of my death.
5. I have read and understood this Agreement prior to signing it. I am aware that by signing this Agreement, I am waiving certain legal rights which I or my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against CMSS CLUB MONTREAL SPORT & SOCIAL and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives
6. Individuals might be placed on a sub list once their season is up.
7. In some activities, league play might be substituted by pick up should there be insufficient players.
8. As a CMSS player, I understand I am part of a team and will adhere to the Club Montreal Rules and Fair Play standards, that I will keep my team's best interests in mind and I will be respectful towards other CMSS players, teams, venues and staff.
9. CMSS will not tolerate bullies of any sort in the league or with the administration. For the good of the league as a whole and the people running it, immediate expulsion of an individual or a team as a result of incessant whining or poor sportsmanship will be applicable. Please be governed accordingly.
CMSS’ RULES AND FAIR PLAY
Any grade below a 5 will need to be accompanied with a valid
explanation. New: Fair Play monitors will attribute a Fair Play rating of 0-5
based on the overall attitude of the teams. If you think you deserved a higher
Fair Play rating than the other team awarded you, you have a right to choose
the Fair Play monitor's rating (without knowing whether it is higher or lower).
Once you decide to contest the rating, you cannot revert to the previous grade.
Teams have one week to contest their Fair Play rating in writing within one (1) week. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Sports and fair play
As a player it will happen that you get
fouled. It's YOUR responsibility to call a foul when it's against you.
Only the player involved can call a foul.
It's not the monitors’ responsibility to call fouls. He's not a referee. When a foul happens, there is a change in possession (whatever your league doesn't allow; it might be: high sticking, sliding, slap shot, pushing, etc.). If you are not involved, it is against CMSS policy to get involved. Please keep this in mind.
If a foul is called against you, it is your responsibility to RESPECT the foul even if you don't agree with it. Fair play points can be used against a team who repeatedly calls fouls or a team who doesn't respect calls made against them.
Contact will happen, how you deal with it is your choice. A gesture will only bother you if you let it. Call a foul, use the change of possession to your advantage and don't let it affect your whole game.
fair play monitors are at
games to ensure that people play with the right attitude. No swearing,
pushing, showing or any aggressive words or gestures are to be tolerated toward
players of your own team, your opponents or our CMSS staff.
If this happens, you can call on the fair play monitor for assistance and he can give a yellow card if he thinks it is warranted. It is his decision and no one else’s. Please keep this in mind and play with a smile.
Fair Play monitors are sometimes called to monitor more than 1 game simultaneously.
If someone on your squad is acting inappropriately, please take it upon yourself to intervene. It is your responsibility to make sure your team-mates are aware of CMSS rules and abide by them. Ask your players to sit out if you see they're getting out of hand or they are playing with a level of intensity that is out of the score of our league.
behavior or play
The leagues in which you will play
might be refereed or self-refereed but in either case, every player part of the
team will be held responsible for their team-mates' conduct. If someone on your
squad is behaving inappropriately, it is YOUR responsibility to keep him or her
from doing so. In addition, CMSS reserves the right to immediately eject a team
or player from the league without refund
for aggressive play. Respect your opponents and fair play: keep in mind our
leagues are all NON-CONTACT.
As a general rule, the home team
wears black and the away team white. Please avoid grey as it could be
confusing. If you are not sure which you should wear, bring both a dark and
light colored shirt to all games, and your captain or the fair play
monitor will let you know which color to wear. If teams have uniforms (no dark
or light jerseys allowed), this may not be necessary. Also, prior to play,
players should remove all watches, bracelets, necklaces, rings, earrings, etc,
avoiding breaks and/or injuries.
Respect the schools and gyms: put things back where you found them, take all of your items with you and put trash in provided receptacles. Please be out by the hour specified on your schedule. If you abuse this, game times will be made earlier and the league could lose its permits leaving you with NO GAMES and NO REFUND. Enter and exit ONLY by the specified areas. Do not wander the schools in areas other than the gyms. Showers are not provided.
The CMSS does its best to get as
many teams playing in the playoffs as possible, however it is possible that NOT
ALL teams will have a game during the final week of play, especially if there
are an uneven number of teams in the league. During the regular season, team
captains can use ANYONE as a player for their team (as long as they have filled
out and submitted this present CMSS waiver form). However, to play on playoff
nights players must have attended a minimum of three (3) regular season games
for that team. Please respect this rule. The only exception to this rule is if
teams do not have enough players and will default their game. They are allowed
to have the minimum number of subs in this case. Ringers are not welcome at
Wins are worth two (2) points,
ties are worth one (1) and losses are worth 0. If a team defaults, they will
lose one point. Standings are posted on the web site. Fair Play
points count toward the standings. Please see top right of standings page
to know more about Fair Play points and what your team can do to increase them.
In some cases there is a
refundable deposit of $75 for equipment loaned by the CMSS which is refunded
upon return of the equipment.
For a team or individual
registration to be valid, ALL players on the roster MUST agree to the terms of
the online waiver - NO EXCEPTIONS. This waiver is valid for all activities with
CMSS; make sure you give it an attentive reading since you will have to agree
with it in order to participate in CMSS’ activities.
Full payment is due upon registration. Registrations are not considered final until full payment has been received. CMSS will not allow teams or individuals to participate in any event if payment has not been received. The cost for all our leagues varies per season and activity.
Number of players required
For any given activity at CMSS,
the minimum of players required on the field is typically five (5) players – at
least two (2) women and two (2) men on court at all times. The
recommended number of players per team is seven (7) to twelve (12).
Changes or Cancellations
- Any change or modification to your registration is subject to a $15 administration fee;
- Cancellations prior to two (2) weeks before the start of the league you registered for: a 50% refund is possible with an administration fee of 15$;
- Cancellations after the 2 week mark – no refunds are given. Missed games will not be refunded. Should a Club Montreal activity be cancelled, then a full refund will be issued. If you have reserved your spot with a credit card with the intention to pay later, we will debit your credit card if your payment is not processed one week prior to the start of the league. If the leagues are pushed back from one (1) to two (2) weeks and the duration of league stays the same, no refunds will be issued. Cancellations must be requested by email (no phone requests).
- No refunds after deadline dates – two (2) weeks before the start date;
- No refunds due to defaulted, cancelled or rescheduled games;
- No refunds due to injuries or change in physical condition;
- Teams or individuals suspended or ejected from CMSS leagues due to any breaches of CMSS Policy will not receive refunds;
- During the summer season, some activities will be held outdoor. Since we have no control over the weather, CMSS will not compensate nor refund in case of rain;
- Once a sport is sold out, there will be no refunds.
This waiver applies to any dependants that are present in any CMSS venue, including but not limited to the Beach centre (1306 Olier).
I have read and understood this present contract and I am bound to respect all the terms and conditions of this agreement and I will be governed accordingly.